International Expansion Lead
At Squarespace, our platform empowers millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories and create an impactful, design-forward, and easy-to-manage online presence. From our headquarters in NYC, we are actively working to grow our international reach and bring the future of online publishing to a worldwide audience.
We are in search of a New Market Expansion Lead to execute our global expansion strategy. You’ll be responsible for managing and executing targeted market expansions and form part of our International Strategy & Operations team based in New York. In this role, you’ll lead broad cross-functional initiatives with the goal of setting Squarespace up for successful launches in selected markets. If you get excited about the idea of being the first one on the ground, developing innovative go-to-market strategies, partnering with cross-functional teams, and validating new ideas, then this role is for you!
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports to our Head of International Strategy & Operations.
- Own the development, validation and execution of go-to-market strategies for select target markets
- Lead cross-functional team to execute against selected go-to-market strategy; including collaborating across Strategy, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Creative, Customer Operations, and Finance
- Drive market research to understand local user needs, preferences, cultural differences, competitive environment, and any local insights that will help drive strategic decision making
- Partner with technical project manager on project management, setting milestones, and achieving alignment among all teams involved
- Partner with Product to guide roadmap for target markets by providing insights, research and data to influence prioritization
- Evaluate and communicate progress of market expansion efforts on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Provide ongoing reporting on key performance indicators for selected markets, tracking the impact of initiatives implemented
- Contribute to the development and execution of innovative go-to-market strategies for new test markets
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, international expansion or related experience
- Experience supporting international expansion for digital businesses across strategy and operations
- Experience launching products in new markets without an existing presence
- Collaborative approach, with experience leading broad cross-functional projects and managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience with in depth research including surveys, customer interviews, and A/B testing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence decision making across teams
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work with broad datasets and derive insights to build business cases
- Good product understanding and ability to prioritize and articulate local user needs to product and engineering
- Experience living and working abroad in a non-English speaking country is a plus
- Language ability in another language besides English is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.