Inventory Control Manager at Casper
Casper is looking for an Inventory Control Manager to lead the Inventory Control team. This role will be responsible for inventory accuracy across all distribution centers and report to the Director of Operational Excellence.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Develop, implement, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work with the corporate team to develop and refine inventory control procedures and best practices.
- Project manage physical inventory counts and cycle count processes
- Lead and support initiatives to be in compliance with SOX standards
- Monitor receipt accuracy and aging reports to make recommendations to facility managers to improve accuracy / compliance.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory adjustments, identifying trends and working with operational staff to identify areas of concern and reinforce best practices.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis including root cause and recommended corrective action.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for system enhancements or process improvements, and be an agent for positive change.
- Partner with the Tech team to recommend systems enhancements
- Continually monitor and evaluate inventory accuracy and make recommendations for improvement.
- Establish reconciliation process between DCs and Accounting.
- Resolving systems exceptions / errors and coming up with creative solutions and improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, supply chain, or equivalent business experience required
- 5+ years experience in Inventory Control
- 3+ years experience working with a DC or Retail environment
- Strong systems skills, including proficiency integrated software applications (WMS, OMS)
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking / analytical skills including work quality / attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet department / company targets
- Flexibility and adaptability
- A solid understanding of inventory related best practices
- Proficiency with all internal tools
- Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace and Aaptiv
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Gifted product when you join and product discounts for friends and family!