About the Role
The Investment Team is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful and team-oriented underwriting professional for our Impala Group. Impala is a specialized group within the Investments Team responsible for driving Yieldstreet’s enterprise value by identifying and executing on new asset classes, investment products, acquisition targets, and strategic initiatives.
The Associate will report to the Director of Portfolio Strategy and will play an integral part in the growth of Yieldstreet's platform. In this role, you will be responsible for diligencing and structuring transactions across alternative asset classes, including real estate, speciality finance, consumer lending, distressed opportunities and litigation finance. Investments are made across the capital stack, including senior secured debt, junior debt, direct equity investments, funds, and acquisitions. Additionally, the Associate will be responsible for the completion of a full underwrite, preparation of investment committee memoranda, development of investor facing materials, and coordination of the final closing. We have deployed over $1.5B to-date across all asset classes and are looking to grow to $2.0B plus per year.
While we are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, this role will be based out of the NYC office and requires someone to be located within a commutable distance.
What you'll do:
- Lead underwriting on structured credit and equity transactions.
- Collect and analyze Originator and Opportunity information to determine creditworthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines.
- Develop financial models and other Excel-based tools to assess the Opportunity.
- Review and assist in the negotiation of transaction documentation
- Articulate financial concepts and information pertaining to Opportunities through a written memorandum for internal and external audiences.
- Develop relationships with new and existing Originators to build a pipeline of Opportunities
- Assist in tasks across functions including: origination, underwriting, structuring, portfolio management, operations, technology and marketing.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-6 years of transactional credit underwriting or investment banking experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Deal execution oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced startup environment
Bonus points for:
- Experience closing credit or equity transactions
- Experience in coding or data analysis
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.