IT Associate / IT Generalist at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the team:
The IT team is a group of exceptional individuals responsible for successful Corporate Technology service delivery to Foursquare team members globally. This group manages the administrative, logistical and technical support for day-to-day corporate technology functions. They are responsible for planning and delivering integrated information services to enable internal Foursquare team members to access services and information they need, when and where they need it.
About the Role:
This role supports team members by providing prompt response to members’ problems and requests while managing and maintaining the closing of tickets within Jira Service Desk. This team member acts as the primary interface for the Corporate IT Team providing a positive experience for Foursquare team members through tailored IT solutions. Also, this role is responsible for team members’ computer and account management provisioning and de-provisioning as well as inventory management of equipment. An IT Associate helps to handle the installation, configuration, and support of network resources including printers and other peripheral devices among many other tasks. This role works all aspects of problem resolution for team members; this includes but is not limited to driving the resolution from IT Support teams, cross-functional organizations, and external vendors. Soft skills above all, we value communication to build a sense of community. In this role, the IT Associate will interface with all of our various employees. We are looking for an emotionally intelligent and empathetic individual to join the team. Using your expertise, as a team member helps us to identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and if needed, partner with other Foursquare technology teams to design, plan and implement a resolution.
- Collaborative and empathetic personality with experience in working with all levels of employees from interns to C level executives
- Experience with Jira Service Desk (or similar), GSuite, and MacOS
- 1-3 years in enterprise IT
- Experience independently evaluating and troubleshooting computer hardware and software, peripheral devices, mobile devices and network connectivity problems remotely or on site.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience troubleshooting AV equipment and basic knowledge of VOIP, and enterprise cloud-based phone systems
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of LANs, wireless network along with other basic networking principles
- Ability to use support tools to speed up problem-solving and improve own productivity
- Strong customer service skills, strong relationship building skills, interdepartmental collaboration
- Experience with JAMF Pro, Slack, GSuite Enterprise, Box, LDAP/JumpCloud and AWS a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.