IT Business Analyst - Finance at Peloton
Peloton’s IT organization is seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst to play a key role to support the finance and accounting teams as we continue to grow. You will gather information across the organization and ensure follow up and updates are accurate and documented. You should feel comfortable analyzing, diagnosing and influencing IT process problems, while developing business requirements for strategic projects and new solutions.
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for developing business requirements for integrated management information systems across all finance functions. The selected candidate will also be part of finance change management and process improvement discussions in order to identify and implement streamlined solutions. Lead the management Information and data requirements gathering initiative to develop and/or streamline the operational reporting capabilities. Ensure that processes are implemented to take full advantage of the capabilities of the systems. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, business analyst with experience in business systems implementation and finance operations.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving IT organization, a results oriented and driven global organization with ownership over a portfolio that delivers direct value to these organizational stakeholders and Peloton overall. The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded individual with operational and project management experience – someone who is self-motivated, detailed oriented, collaborative, and has strong customer relationship management skills.
Basic Job Requirements
- Plan and facilitate user acceptance testing with business stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand their business requirements, informational needs and data sources, conduct requirements gathering sessions, meetings and presentations
- Translate business needs into a clearly defined and detailed business requirements document, inclusive of business use cases, process flows, traceability matrices as well as report mock-ups
- Form strong working relationships with your Peloton peers and across the IT organization
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications
- Critically evaluate information gathered and recommend alternative solutions
- Monitor project progress, identify and escalate potential project risks and delays to management
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with technical staff and business users
- Coordinate and lead discussions to ensure understanding and alignment to projects and initiatives
- Recognize the relationship, dependencies and their impact to projects
Education or Certifications
- 3+ years of overall IT experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of related experience in a business analyst role
- Nice to have experience working in ERP applications in a retail environment ideally and understand the downstream impact of integrated processes to accounting and finance teams
- Prior Netsuite ERP application experience is a big plus
- Proven ability to facilitate communication and provide support to both the business and technology team members in challenging technical, custom and package software implementation projects on a global level
- Must have experience working simultaneously with multiple stakeholders, sponsors, and business partners, exhibiting an ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Balance of strong business process knowledge and experience implementing mix of custom and package software to meet business needs
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exposure to Jira, Confluence is a plus
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) – other language skills would be beneficial
- Prior global experience