At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) group is seeking a savvy IT Business Strategist to drive the team’s efforts to achieve more effective and efficient operating models and strategies. You will help support, develop, and build commercial and economic strategies behind infrastructure decisions, sourcing and strategic partner management, lifecycle management through data analytics, reporting, and opportunity hunting. MSK is completing a digital transformation, and we need your strength and understanding as an IT Business Management analytics in driving a full analysis of the entire infrastructure environment to uncover areas of opportunity and improvement. You will work closely with Technology management, product and service owners, and key clients of infrastructure.
What you will do.
- Support the ETS organization in analyzing its full technology estate (end user technologies, software, core datacenter components, contracts, staffing models)
- Identify and pitch opportunities to reengineer for greater efficiency and simplification
- Design and report continuous measurement and reporting against key objectives
- Partner with IT sourcing, business management and product owners in building and maintaining a knowledge base of all enterprise technology third party contracts and engagements
- Support a full contact life cycle (contribute to authoring statements of work, supply risk and financial expertise, vendor payments, SLA monitoring, renewal)
- Support buildout of enterprise technology products and services catalog and cost allocation / total cost of ownership (TCO) model
- Design and develop processes to maintain asset lifecycle management / product inventories
- Support preparation of and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual IT spend against budgets to identify trends, issues, and efficiency opportunities
- Collaborate with product owners and SMEs and Technology management with all cost management activities
- Guide the effort to continuously assess and evaluate investment objectives
- Execute with gravitas – personal authority, confidence, and integrity to make a positive impact and provide counsel and advice at the highest level.
What You Need to Have.
- Ideally, you are a blend technical and financial experience with solid exposure to functional areas such as vendor management, IT service catalog, IT asset management, cloud financial management, and telecom financial management.
- Currently working as IT financial analyst, business analyst, or management consultant
- Proven expertise in working with various large data sets including both financial and non-financial and building appropriate reporting dashboards
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards
- Independent worker who can prioritize work to meet established quarterly objectives
- Sophisticated analyst with an ability to solve complex opportunities with an innovative approach
- Develop investment and scenario planning that speak to technology owners as well as financial managers, and executive leadership.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, MIS, or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5+ years of related cost / efficiency management experience supporting technology organization with full cost accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and enterprise tools such as Tableau, Apptio, ServiceNow, ComSci
- Dynamic individual that thrives in fast paced environments
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.