ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. theSkimm started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time.
Skimm HQ is growing quickly and we’re looking for someone to join us as our first in-house IT Coordinator and help desk assistant. Reporting to our Employee Experience Manager and working closely with a remote IT Consultant, you’ll provide day-to-day IT support to help our team work more efficiently and securely with technology.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Provide IT helpdesk support to employees on a daily basis
- Keep user software up to date
- Identify opportunities for automation and improving current processes
- Onboard and offboard employees
- Management of software lifecycle / license management
- Manage office AV equipment
- Help connect employees and guests to local printers, file resources, and wifi
- Hardware inventory & management
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum 1 year IT project coordination or related work
- Proficient in supporting primarily MAC OS, Windows, and all common office software and applications such as Microsoft, Adobe, Google Suite and cloud SaaS products
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to evolving organization and changes in priority
- Passion for theSkimm and its mission
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- A positive attitude that is always willing to help
- Highly organized, driven and self-motivated
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance aimed at rewarding and recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine and a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered breakfast on Fridays during our HQ Sip’n Skimm - a time to catch up as a group and wind down from a great week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY