IT Director, Retail Technology at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an IT Director, Retail Technology. Reporting to the SVP of IT for Supply Chain, this position is responsible for managing our Retail technology stack to support Peloton’s omni channel strategy. In this position, you will be responsible for owning the overall technical architecture leadership of our Omni-Channel solutions.
You will own the overall IT design of solutions and aligning customer/business requirements to systems/technical requirements using best practices, design patterns and existing assets using a cutting-edge technology stack. The successful candidate will embrace a decentralized and collaborative culture, while focusing on improving outcomes and delivering market leading innovations.
You will also work collaboratively with peers to define our future omni channel retail technology roadmap and build strategic relationships with key IT & Business leaders to ensure success. We are looking for someone with extensive experience with all facets of software development lifecycle, implementation, and support, in a large multi-channel environment.
The candidate needs to be highly analytical and have extensive technical and project management experience especially with hands-on experience in supply and demand planning solutions. The candidate must be a self-starter, flexible problem solver, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between disparate technologies. These skills are required to work across multiple functions and geographies within Peloton’s matrixed organization. Success will depend on the candidates’ ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to rigorous, measurable, user-friendly deliverables.
- Experience with leading POS and LOS technology development preferred.
- Provide technology & architecture leadership across the customer experience platform.
- Evaluate and benchmark new application frameworks, platforms and technologies enabling Peloton to make high impact, long-term decisions around design, development and deployment of software applications supporting Omni-Channel capabilities.
- Architect the future state and the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables.
- Be a bridge between digital & retail teams and create a roadmap for building OMNI Channel systems and connect all retail systems with other supply chain execution platforms.
- Participate in\drive the creation of the next gen Architecture of Retail Technology landscape to support growth of Peloton's Omni Channel programs.
- Create frameworks & solutions to promote re-usability, to avoid redundancy & duplication.
- Be instrumental in introducing new technologies to support technology transformation by partnering with IT infrastructure and security teams.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and business and product teams within information technology, store operations, business units, marketing and across external alliance partners.
- Define the software development standards and best practices for robust, secure, scalable, highly performant, and supportable applications.
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation; Lead change initiatives throughout the organization.
- Maintain a complete set of architectural artifacts that accurately reflect the systems, all interactions and data flows, and the underlying infrastructure, as well as the business capabilities and user roles, supported or impacted by the solution and its implementation.
- Experience in building, developing, and managing highly effective engineering teams
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Graduate degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Economics etc.) or MBA. Academic qualifications specific to supply chain disciplines, such as production planning, manufacturing and inventory control highly preferred.
- Experience in developing the architecture of large-scale web/mobile and retail POS/store systems & applications
- Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and user experience.
- Experience in cloud migration and developing platform solutions to support microservices based applications.
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure, Manhattan WMS, TMS, E2Open, SAP S4/Hana is desired.
- A strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
- Knowledge of API Management frameworks and building scalable and high-performance APIs and workflows
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experienced technical understanding of supply chain & manufacturing systems
- Strong leadership, communication, consulting and influencing skills
- Deep knowledge of supply chain standard methodologies
- Strong systems thinking capability
- Critical thinking skills
- Highly self-motivated and outcome oriented
- Program/Project management, with experience leading multiple large projects
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.