Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
We are growing rapidly, and building most everything from scratch on Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys building and supporting systems with automation and security in mind, takes ownership of support, as well as provides cross-support for other Oscar offices.
Within the first six months, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Oscar’s internal IT function, while also recommending and implementing improvements
- Interject yourself throughout the organization to increase efficiency through technical solutions
- Scale technical infrastructure to accommodate rapidly growing end-user counts
- Drive exceptional end-user support and increase self-service
- Work with SRE and Security teams to identify opportunities
- Build strong relationships within our team and taking ownership of systems and processes
What it takes to excel in this role:
- 3+ Years supporting large environments of Mac and Chrome OS users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues while helping educate end users.
- Ability to keep your composure and customer focus while solving technical issues.
- Experience with JAMF Pro Administrator with experience in stand alone and cloud instances
- Experience with call centers or phone systems
- Experience with Single Sign On
- Experience with Google Suite
- Understand networking using Cisco and Meraki products
- Experience rolling out tools/software/hardware in a corporate environment
- Up to date knowledge about the latest tools and methods for managing these environments
- Proficient in Atlassian suite
- Experience with AWS
- Linux administration is a HUGE plus
- Scripting ability is also a HUGE plus
- Git/Github knowledge is a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.