IT Help Desk Manager at Stack Overflow
The IT Helpdesk Manager oversees workplace technology operations, policies and systems for Stack Overflow’s 300+ employees across 4 different offices (and dozens of remote offices).About you:
You’re an established IT leader who serves as a mentor and player-coach to high-performing operations teams. You know your stuff when it comes to corporate security and compliance, and you find creative ways to implement best practices in those areas. And what you don’t know, you’re willing to figure out with your peers. You are process-oriented and rigorous in following up on your plans and commitments. Above all, you value servant leadership and you are driven to support the needs of every employee who walks through Stack Overflow’s hallways (virtual or otherwise), no matter their role, personal background or technical experience level. You enable every Stack employee to support the diverse developer community we are nurturing.What you’ll do:
- Manage the IT Helpdesk team in order to ensure that the employees of Stack Overflow have the technology and tools they need to do their jobs
- Ensure that the 4 offices and many remote employees are supported with the hardware, software and AV capabilities they need to do their work
- Collaborate with the Information Security, Internal Development and SRE departments to implement best practices for keeping Stack Overflow employees’, users’, and customers’ data secure
- Create and track KPIs, metrics and goals for the IT Helpdesk team
- Manage the IT Helpdesk budget and balance business needs with our employees’ technical and workplace-related needs
- Ensure that each member of your team has a development path that ensures they are learning and developing in their current role and into their next
- Servant leadership mindset – one that models humility and empathy through action
- Experience with multiple hardware and software platforms
- 5+ years’ experience working in IT support or operations, or commensurate experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing high-performing teams, or commensurate experience
- Ability to work with remote employees across many time zones
- Experience with both security and compliance (SOC2 is a plus)
How to apply: Please include an up-to-date resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Stack Overflow.
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Stack Overflow.
What you’ll get in return:
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremony to an absolute minimum.
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: We lead by empowering and inspiring people to do their best work, not by micromanaging. We hire smart people, set them up for success, then get out of their way.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it. For example, we share our complete engineering salary formula.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and leaders who foster an open and inclusive culture.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.