IT Help Desk Support at Stack Overflow
We’re looking for an empathetic and self-motivated IT professional to join our team in NYC. Do you love helping people? Are you interested in learning more about practical computer administration? At Stack Overflow, you will be a vital part of our work to create a community and a company where everyone feels welcome to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers
During a typical week, you’ll track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests, and handle the occasional in-person request. Though this role is in NYC, we’re a distributed company, so you’ll be working with team members both in our office as well remotely. We mainly handle hardware repair at the warranty level, so ideally you’re mostly interested in software and operating system support.
You’ll install, diagnose, and maintain software on both Windows and Mac computers. You’ll also provide support for common issues like password resets, software and hardware issues, access to wifi and printers, etc. Experience with conference and A/V gear (like sound boards and Crestron equipment) is a plus, as you’ll own our in-office setups.What we’re looking for when you apply:
- About 4 years of relevant experience. This could be a 4 year degree, 3-4 years spent doing similar jobs with relevant certifications, or some combination of education and time in a role.
- ITIL Foundation certified, or knowledge of ITIL.
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Evidence of great time-management skills, and comfort with prioritizing and tracking your work to make sure you get things done quickly and on time.
- Customer focus: You have a positive, customer-first attitude and love helping people solve their problems. You assume positive intent and are comfortable talking to people in a variety of roles who may have a range of communication styles.
- You’re interested in working here. We read every application, so please make sure to let us know what specifically about this role and working here interests you.
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches prepared by our in-house chefs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and leaders who foster an open and inclusive culture.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.