At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about developing talent in a fast-paced agile environment? We are undergoing a major digital transformation supporting our mission; we are bringing onboard Manager of Scrum Masters. Reporting to our Director of Program Management, you will lead a team of 15+ and be responsible for hiring, mentorship, and professional development following the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and principles.
As a part of MSK's COVID-19 reactivation plan, this position will require you to be on site Wednesdays & Thursdays in Midtown Manhattan.
- Manage a team of 15+ Scrum Masters that individually lead their teams.
- Encourage and facilitate staff development through mentoring, coaching, shadowing, and other techniques.
- Ultimately be responsible for mentoring and encouraging the adoption of the Lean-Agile mentality and thinking.
- Foster a positive team culture that encourages continuous improvement and team empowerment.
- Develop and grow less experienced members of the team.
- Support and promote cross-team sharing and learning opportunities, including a community of practice efforts across the scrum masters and other agile fields.
- Assess current and future staffing needs, ensuring we maintain the right balance of staff to support our agile teams
- Leads initiatives, as part of the Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE), to continually mature and refine our agile processes
- Grown and led teams through transitions, transformations, all within Scrum and SAFe practices
- Worked within Healthcare, Digital Products and/or cloud platform technology
- Experience with Systems Thinking and a technical aptitude for cloud based platforms
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication, presentation skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, set direction, and influence those not under direct line of management
- SAFe Scrum Master; SAFe Advanced SM, SAFe certification required
- 7-10 plus years of Agile experience, including at least 5-6 years of experience as a Scrum Master for software development teams.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of People Management experience in a large scaled team of 10-15+ members.
- Agile coaching experience with Scaled Agile Framework and its practices (XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban, etc.)
Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Hybrid Remote Work force
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.