IT Manager, Support at Flatiron Health
We are looking for an IT Support Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll lead us in building a best in class IT support and customer experience. Reporting to the Director of IT, you'll manage, develop, and coach a team of IT Support specialists and engineers. This team is responsible for ensuring our employee technology is secure, reliable, and capable. In addition, you'll also:
- Improve the lifecycle of support requests to ensure that issues raised by users are being solved quickly and efficiently
- Drive a self-service culture through enhancement of employee capabilities and access to knowledge
- Serve as one of the primary administrators for Zendesk and improve efficiency and use of the system
- Compile weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports with the ability to analyze and surface trends that identify improvement areas
- Identify internal workflow inefficiencies and seek to improve by developing updated processes or adopting of new tools
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to gain an understanding of their business and how we enable them with technology, identify areas where we can serve them better, and help prioritize any new or current requests outside the scope of general support
- Assist in managing vendor contracts, licenses, and relationships
- Ensure that our on-call rotation is adhered to by members of the team
We are a growing team which means there are plenty of opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and be a change-agent.
Who You Are
You're a customer-focused person with 5 or more years experience in enterprise IT Support and at least 2 years as a people manager. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and a collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have managed a service desk and/or support team in a medium to large sized company
- You have experience with administration, configuration, and advanced use of Zendesk
- You have ITIL experience
- You are customer service driven and excel at providing the best possible user support experience
- Fleet management experience with JAMF, Windows GPOs, and SCCM
- Operational experience supporting and managing Active Directory, Windows domains, and GPOs
- Experience deploying, administering, and ensuring the effectiveness of SaaS applications and tools like GSuite, Bettercloud, Zoom, Okta, and Slack
- You have experience working with vendors and their customer success teams to advocate for our interests, negotiate pricing, and set expectations for what level of support we need throughout the life of our relationship
- You have a thorough understanding of network protocols and services: TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Zendesk certified
- ITIL certified
- Have used or deployed Oomnitza for asset management
- GSuite Administrator certification
- A/V hardware experience with Crestron, Extron, and Zoom Rooms
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.