IT Procurement Specialist at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting in June we opened our NYC office for colleagues on Wednesdays and Thursdays. This is entirely voluntary and includes all of our regular in-office perks such as free lunch. There will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for an IT Procurement Specialist to join the Zocdoc IT Team and support IT and Information Security purchasing. In this role, you will manage the procurement and onboarding process of products and services for Zocdoc employees and teams and serve as the liaison in negotiations between Zocdoc and suppliers. It will be your responsibility to assess vendors, negotiate new deals and expiring contracts, and place orders for products and services. This includes coordinating and ordering equipment, managing onboarding and offboarding of IT assets, working closely with our finance team on submission of orders and vendors, and monitoring and ordering software licenses. You will report to the IT Manager that oversees the IT Support team and your day-to-day will include working closely with this team to ensure physical and digital asset support for our users.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A detail-oriented person who loves working alongside a close-knit team
- A highly organized person, who navigates ambiguity, and can stay on top of multiple projects
- Excited to grow skills in both technical and financial literacy
Your day to day is…
- Asset management duties including tracking the full lifecycle of an asset, tracking returned equipment, and ensuring data is accurate.
- Negotiate terms with vendors such as price, expectations, terms of service, etc.
- Respond to user and vendor inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations and work to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Prepare and create requisitions, purchase orders and submit for processing through our procurement system.
- Ensuring the proper process is created and followed through the lifecycle of the purchase including tracking of equipment and confirming delivery.
- Work closely with Finance on spend including keeping track of licensing counts, purchases and assisting Finance with forecasting.
- Keep track of software licenses for IT managed applications and purchase added licenses for future headcount.
- Be the liaison between vendors and Zocdoc Legal, Information Security, and Finance/Accounting teams on order forms and invoices
- Submit and own all products and services requests through our shared vendor onboarding processes.
- Monitoring and tracking equipment inventory for the New York and Phoenix office.
- Ordering laptop computers for new hires and laptop replacements
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A passion for people, community, and our mission of giving power to the patient.
- 2+ years of experience working in a procurement capacity, preferably with a technical and/or financial bent
- Experience analyzing and identifying trends in data
- Experience utilizing project management software such as Jira or Monday.com
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and vendors
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple requests
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and other asset management software
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.