IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for a highly-motivated experienced IT Risk and Compliance Analyst to join us in Yext’s IT department based in our NY headquarters. This position will support the IT team in the development of policies, processes and controls around Yext’s SOX, SOC2 and other risk management activities. Yext’s IT Audit and Compliance team seeks to build leading technology risk management practices that improve efficiency and enhance the audit and risk management experience for our stakeholders
The role will require an execution-oriented and strong team player who can work across the organization to help manage our audit requirements, identify process improvements and lead themselves and others in project completion. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of governance, risk and controls in a cloud based IT environment with technical understanding of IT infrastructure. The position will be responsible for proposing improvements to the company’s policies, procedures and controls around information security, logical access, change management, issue remediation, control design, assisting with risk assessments and creating compliance monitoring strategies
- Execute on our IT compliance plan to ensure an effective internal control environment for SOX, SOC 2 and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain ITGC process flows, procedural documentation and compliance strategies for key SOX applications in a complex SaaS environment.
- Educate the IT organization on governance, risk and controls/compliance concepts
- Assist management in development and implementation of remediation plans related to IT controls and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in developing policies and procedure documents based on ISO27001/2 standards.
- Support the management in identifying key technology risks, mitigation strategies and improvements to the business process.
- Support risk and control considerations related to IT relevant projects, including vendor evaluations, system implementations, newly scoped systems, UAT documentation, onboarding of application to ITGC processes and initial testing of application controls, etc
- Create and maintain internal control narratives, flowcharts and risk matrices.
- Work closely with external parties for all matters related to IT, including IT issues related to SOC 1, SOC 2, SOX, and financial audits.
- 2+ years of combined experience in the fields of Information Systems audit, Risk Assurance, Internal and/or External audit (Big 4 preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or similar college level education in Information Systems, Accounting or a related discipline
- CISA or equivalent Information Technology audit or security certifications are preferred
- Working knowledge of information security and computer network, server, database technologies
- Knowledge of the COSO 2013, COBIT and ITIL frameworks preferred
- Knowledge of GDPR, ISO27001/2, HIPAA and other regulations preferred
- Proven ability to lead self in executing discrete tasks and developing compliance strategies to drive effective results
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative and displays a high energy level
- Strong organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.