IT SaaS Engineer at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our growing library of SaaS apps. This person will work strategically with our Infrastructure and IT Support teams to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can balance day-to-day operations with a majority of project based work. This person should be comfortable making decisions that will have impact company wide.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of our Okta environment. Must be comfortable adding new app integrations with SAML, creating group rules, editing attribute mappings, and using API’s when needed. A deep understanding of Okta (or another IdP) is required.
- Forming relationships with stakeholders throughout the company to improve and maintain the applications they rely on daily.
- Configuring VoIP providers (TalkDesk, Twilio) and supporting a large base of users.
- Leading junior engineers and operations team through deployments, technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Engaging and managing relationships with 3rd party vendors.
- Engaging with IT leadership to ensure our efforts align with security objectives and standards.
- Enforcing best practices of IT security.
- Developing training programs and writing documentation.
- Deploying an asset management solution and overseeing compliance.
- 3-5 Years Experience
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure, and O365
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Preference for those who have worked with global teams
- Team player, you work well with cross functional teams
- Great communicator, comfortable leading meetings and representing the SaaS team
- Have successfully lead projects, deployments, or company wide initiatives from start to finish
Bonus Points for:
- Scripting and automation experience.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.