The IT Security Architect is a critical technical role responsible for ensuring the secure design and compliance of Discovery enterprise architecture to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs. This candidate will be considered a technical expert. Ideal candidates will have the following expectations, execute architecture design reviews to evaluate security controls and identify opportunities to enhance the security posture of Discovery business environments, build relationships with infrastructure architects and engineering leads to disseminate and explain secure design methodologies and policies. Ideal candidates will also understand the landscape and components of cutting-edge architectures and the methods to securely deploy them.
• Provide technical leadership and consultation for infrastructure architects and engineers to ensure the secure deployment of technology.
• As part of a team, ensure the adoption of security architecture and engineering initiatives in order to effectively and securely support the organization in meeting specific business technology needs.
• Drive consideration of cybersecurity tools and datasets to enhance detective and preventative control sets.
• Understand technical security issues and the implications to Discovery businesses and be able to communicate them to management and other business leaders.
• Understand emerging security technologies and determine the appropriate use within business applications.
• Maintain and enforce Discovery’s cybersecurity policies and secure design documentation.
• Execute and improve on Discovery’s Security architecture review process and ensure compliance for all business initiatives.
• Architect global programs that deploy strong security patterns and controls across applications and computing environments, while addressing security, business resiliency, privacy and compliance frameworks
• Identify security vulnerabilities and guide developers and engineers in addressing these issues
• Improve architectural adoption through automation and efficiently use security tools to solve challenges at scale.
• Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable
• Collaborate with our corporate functions including Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance, Privacy, and Sourcing to ensure that Discovery maintains a strong cybersecurity posture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related discipline or 6+ years of previous technical experience, specifically security architecture experience.
• Security certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc.)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate within the context of the intended audience, whether that be senior executives or highly technical engineering resources.
• Detailed understanding of the threats faced by direct to consumer and digital platform organizations.
• Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Go etc.)
• Proven hands on experience securing cloud infrastructure
• Proven hands on experience securing global hybrid architectures from both a compute and network infrastructure perspective
• Proven hands on experience securing operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, MacOS etc.)
• Proven hands on experience with application security topics such as the OWASP top 10 and technical remediations required
• Detailed technical experience supporting and implementing SIEM & logging tools (Splunk, Kibana, Qradar) and the ability to extract actionable intelligence from large volume aggregated log storage.
• Thorough understanding of Network and Compute architectures and, specifically the security aspects thereof.
• Thorough understanding of compliance and regulatory frameworks and how they affect architecture designs and reviews.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]