IT Senior Manager, Governance and Policy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering is currently seeking an IT Senior Manager of our Governance and Policy Practice and our use of Cloud and DevSecOps practices. This role will report into IT Senior Director of Digital Enablement and CAO of Enterprise Technology Services. This is an outstanding opportunity to join our team as we develop and execute our Hybrid Cloud, Agile, and DevSecOps strategies. You will be encouraged to collaborate with strategic partners to prioritize and accelerate delivery of cloud solutions to support our work in cancer research and patient care.
- Be the authoritative voice ensuring our Cloud strategy is fully aligned, positioning infrastructure to deliver compelling value to our business, research, and patient care
- Develops the maturity of Cloud Services to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Build successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a keen understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of Cloud services to meet business needs.
- Establish automated monitoring tools to track systems' health, uptime and outages. Lead teams to build maturity around event management.
- Provide thought leadership and exhibit expertise in the areas of cloud when consulting with business units to determine technical requirements, feasibility, and expectations.
- Design and implement multi-tier solutions that are highly available and fault tolerant; Implement cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation and elastic sizing of environments.
- Develop frameworks and guidance for workload placement
- An expert in all facets of cloud operations with the ability to effectively communicate with internal/external customers. A leader in continuous integration and continuous development with automated deployment.
- Monitor and track cloud migration projects, security and cost controls, periodic reporting on operational and cost metrics, while ensuring best practices are implemented and manage the cloud transformation program.
- Present operational, security and cost-related periodic reports to the IT senior management team.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud security.
- Work with MSK’s Information Security to implement a security framework.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into Cloud services to successfully deliver overall IT strategy.
- Drives the adoption of dedication towards service improvements.
- Manage Cloud migration and integration initiative(s), staffing, budget and execution
- Leading Cloud Services public and private cloud
- Management / Leadership experience in enterprise level environments
- Solid grasp of AWS, Azure, and GCP public cloud and various service offerings
- AWS and Azure Solution Architecture certifications desirable
- Experience transitioning corporate IT, data centers, ticketing system implementations, monitoring software implementation, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement approaches to a Cloud Services environment
- Skill and knowledge in ITIL processes related to Incident Management, Service Requests, Event Management, Access Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management and Escalated Incident Management
- Champion Cloud Services’ involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills
- A good communicator with the ability to work effectively in a professional manner with staff, business partners, end users, management and others outside the organization
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.