Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners, 01 Advisors and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Reporting up to the Senior Director of the Service Desk, the IT Service Desk Manager is a critical role as Electric scales the organization. This individual will oversee the three levels of the frontline Service Desk and should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience.
What you’ll do
- Train, coach and lead the management team for each level of the desk (L1,2, & 3)
- Executing on long-term Service Desk strategy
- Researching and responding to client feedback, as well as, using it as a training opportunity for the teams
- Prepare and present status reports for different audiences on a regular schedule
- Partner with department heads (e.g., QA, Implementation, Professional Services) to understand their end user pain points
- Oversee requests, incidents and problems. Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as an escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information
- Provide hands-on assistance for difficult or high impact technical issues
- Plan, coordinate and manage the activities of the help desk team with an on-going focus on enhancing customer relationships
- Provide feedback regarding service failures or end user concerns
- Monitor, report, and analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs
- Work closely with our third party vendor to ensure processes are rolled out universally
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in supervising or managing and developing an effective team in a complex environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of commonly used software such as O365, Gsuite, Okta
- Understanding of the troubleshooting process and troubleshooting best practices
- Thorough understanding of help desk operations
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including a positive phone presence and excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Highly service oriented, champion for change, self motivated, excellent written and verbal communication, excellent crisis management skills, team member development.
- Proactive, wants to build relationships with the business and help them have the best user experience. Inspires their team to share knowledge (collaborative), accountable, and learn from their mistakes.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.