IT Service Operations Technician
As a member of the Knotel IT Service Delivery team, the IT Operations Technician is responsible for providing operational support for Knotel members. Primary responsibilities include ensuring availability of members’ core infrastructure, and to troubleshoot and solve basic IT issues. Other areas of responsibility include the execution and oversight of IT projects and delivery of IT services to prospective members. This is a client-facing role and requires strong problem-solving and customer service skills, resourcefulness and the ability to communicate effectively.
What You'll Do
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to our members
- Troubleshoot technology issues relating to WiFi, printers, phones and conference room technologies
- Manage multiple projects including hardware deployment, upgrades and maintenance
- Configure and install Meraki network hardware
- Coordinate with various vendors, including ISPs, MSPs, hardware vendors for problems solving
- Coordinate and escalate complicated issues with other IT groups
- Provide solutions to members who have non-standard IT needs
- Serve as a the technical escalation point for other Knotel staff in the field
- Oversee the resolution of outages and major problems.
Who You Are
You are someone who is energetic and willing to seek out knowledge by doing. This is a hands-on role and your success will be driven by your desire to gain experience in networking and technical support. You are ready to take on a more hands-on role to increase your knowledge in the field by application. You are someone who can learn quickly and take ownership of the tasks that are given to you. You can take direction well and execute on shared deliverables. Additional technical requirements below:
- 1-2 years experience with Networking hardware (Meraki and Cisco)
- Knowledge of Firewalls
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP, Wireless
- Familiarity with printers and multifunction devices
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Capable of working in a disciplined manner in a very relaxed atmosphere
- Ability to work well within a distributed team
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.