IT Solutions Specialist (Remote position)
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our clients’ email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
We are seeking an IT Solutions Specialist to join the Professional Services team here at Electric. The candidate in this role must have a passion for providing IT solutions, increasing client satisfaction, resolving complex technical problems, and empowering other teams throughout our organization. You will work directly with our customers to provide recommendations and quotes for IT upgrades that benefit their organization as a whole. This position requires a combination of both critical thinking and customer service responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Lead discovery calls with our customers to gain a deep understanding of their current IT needs and/or issues
- Confidently make recommendations that address and solve the customer’s current pain points and future needs
- Create comprehensive project proposals with detailed scopes of work and pricing for all hardware and labor required for project execution
- Serve as a technical liaison for other internal teams including Client Solutions, Sales, & Implementation.
- Educate our customers on the benefits of upgrades by making complex technical concepts easy to understand
- Be comfortable with explaining pricing and up-selling to customers
- Research and investigate new technologies for the purpose of applied solutions
- Work within the company’s standard recommendations to provide customers with an IT solution that Electric can easily support remotely through our help desk
- Upon quote approval, work directly with internal IT project managers to smoothly hand off the project for execution including a comprehensive scope or work, budget review, and timeline for the implementation of the solution.
Who You Are
- 5-7 years of relevant IT experience
- A passion for working in the field of IT
- Experience with network infrastructure upgrades, server implementations, data and email migrations, SSO/identity management services, video conferencing setups, and printer deployments. Specific experience with Zoom Rooms, Okta, and Cisco Meraki / Ubiquiti UniFi network hardware is highly desired.
- Previous experience managing IT projects with a strong technical background
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to succeed within a fast-paced organization
- Strong overall interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and get things done. A results-oriented achiever
- College degree from an accredited four-year institution or relevant technical experience