IT Specialist- Help Desk at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
You’re an experienced Sr. IT Specialist with your primary area of experience providing top-level customer service and technical guidance. You have supported a variety of technical and non-technical team members and possess the patience, empathy and understanding to help anyone with any technical issue no matter how complicated or simple. You exceed their expectations with passion for technology and healthcare. The technical help, guidance and 5 star customer service you provide to our Cityblock teammates is essential to the success of Cityblock and our members. You have outstanding written and communications skills along with the acute ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time. You will be working closely with the IT Support Manager of the ESG and will be aligned with their vision of the IT ESG department in parallel to achieving adherence to Cityblocks' core values. You will be the 1st level of escalation within our ESG team for all Help Desk tickets. You will have outstanding multitasking abilities across a myriad of systems to analyze, isolate and resolve a variety of issues.
Requirements for the Role:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Sr. IT Administrator/Specialist on a help desk providing remote or onsite support
- Familiar with on-boarding and off-boarding of employees along including but not limited to: account creation, account sunsetting, equipment reclamation, orientation of new employees
- Experience with the following platforms: ticket based systems, i.e. FreshService, ServiceNow, Remedy as well as RingCentral, Google Workplace, Office365, Slack, eFax
- Experience with JAMF and/or Active Directory
- Learn the In-House member PHI/PII repository Commons and provide support for incoming tickets.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Interface with healthcare partners to facilitate network access and security procedures
- Ability to provide support for in-house tools and applications
- Mac experience a must
- Effective time management including the ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
How We Define Success:
- Manage ticket queue by manually documenting, tracking, monitoring issues while ensuring all tickets are responded to and resolved as per service level agreements
- Recommend, develop, maintain and report performance metrics
- Deliver exceptional customer service through FreshDesk, email and Slack to continuously make the overall IT experience smoother, faster and more efficient for our customers
- Collaborate with the technology/ESG team to analyze and develop solutions to frequently reported issues
- Responsible for 5 star customer service and care while providing technical support for non-technical people
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude at all times
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Meraki and network experience
- HIPPA compliance experience
- Experience in a startup environment, ideally in healthcare, education or similarly regulated industry.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.