Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends and have an excellent knack supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering IT for our employees and assisting our existing team and VP of Infrastructure IT in building out our Corporate IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where you’ll be able to wear multiple hats and directly see the impact you are making day-to-day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Participate in point of contact for desktop support issues, network troubleshooting and escalation
- Setting up meetups for company-wide events, maintaining existing infrastructure, and purchasing computers as required
- Installation and upgrade of software, antivirus checks, and security software
- Purchase and acquisition of laptops, peripherals, and other electronics for office personnel
- Ordering and replacing printing supplies, installing printers and other peripherals for employees as requested
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees and ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
What We’ll Expect From You:
- 5-7 years Helpdesk and IT systems administration experience in a startup environment supporting minimum of 200 employees
- Experienced in office network environments; LAN/WAN troubleshooting, port provisioning, Wifi management (Cisco meraki a plus), firewall rules administration.
- Strong familiarity using Google apps & administration
- Solid foundation in both Mac OS and Windows operating systems, with focus on strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience with MDM solutions like Airwatch or Citrix
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision and strong ability to self-time manage
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount and office spaces
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment - Lift minimum of 50Lbs.
- A/V knowledge for conference rooms/large meetings (Google Hangouts, Zoom, general telepresence)
- Pleasant demeanor and the ability to communicate in user-friendly language.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.