IT Specialist at Imagen Technologies
Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at leading companies, including Google and Facebook.
We were founded in 2016 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
Our rapid growth demands high performance, and our technology needs continue to grow. We’re looking for an IT Specialist who will take the lead on supporting our software, hardware and networking needs. This role will interface with many different stakeholders, including physicians, hospital IT staff and non-technical personnel. We’re looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, a high degree of flexibility and an exceptional work ethic, as issues may arise outside of traditional working hours. Our ideal IT Specialist is curious, driven to solve problems, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain the entire inventory process for all computers and peripheral IT equipment from start to finish, from ordering the equipment, executing the setup and installation and troubleshooting any issues that arise in the future
- Install and test software configurations for various team roles and ensure that proper user privileges are configured and the system meets company defined security standards
- Establish system images and process to ensure consistency in equipment configuration
- Educate and support remote users on the appropriate use of a variety of corporate and clinical software including video conferencing platforms, VPN applications, IP phones, diagnostic workstations, and CRM solutions
- Manage relationships with doctors, hospital IT staff, and other personnel to proactively ensure all hardware, software and network integrations are set up and working fluidly
- Resolve urgent issues immediately and sometimes in a high-pressure environment (e.g., patients are unable to receive care unless IT issue is resolved).
- Be HIGHLY professional, friendly, patient, and positive – grumpy IT stereotypes need not apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5 years of equivalent related work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a related field that demonstrates an aptitude for managing PC’s and supporting users
- Thorough working knowledge of protocols, such as TCP/IP, theory and operation of LAN hardware, operating systems, and application software
- Must have experience in a multi-vendor environment with local area networking of personal computers, including Macintosh and Windows based
- Demonstrated track record of installing, maintaining and troubleshooting networking/telecommunications equipment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Office, Apple OS and IOS and Android Operating Systems
- Proficient with Office365 for Business, GSuite, VPN clients, and various SAAS platforms
- A strong “customer-centric” mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking, prioritization, ability to consistently meet deadlines and escalate problems as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 40lbs of equipment and supplies unaided
- Preferred: Industry certifications (e.g., A+, MCP, MCDST)
This role is based in New York, NY.