IT Specialist at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends and have an excellent knack supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering IT for our employees and assisting our existing team in building out our Corporate IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where you’ll be able to wear multiple hats and directly see the impact you are making day-to-day.
- Participate in point of contact for desktop support issues, network troubleshooting, and escalation
- Setting up meetups for company-wide events, maintaining existing infrastructure, and purchasing computers as required
- Installation and upgrade of software, antivirus checks, and security software
- Purchase and acquisition of laptops, peripherals, and other electronics for office personnel
- Ordering and replacing printing supplies, installing printers and other peripherals for employees as requested
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees and ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of network administration or system administration experience
- Certification in Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, macOS is advantageous
- Successful track record in Helpdesk and IT systems administration experience in a startup environment supporting a minimum of 200 employees
- Strong familiarity using Google G Suite apps & administration
- Solid foundation in both Mac OS and Windows operating systems, with a focus on strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience with MDM solutions like Airwatch or JAMF
- Experience managing and deploying Windows 10 Systems using zero-touch enrollment
- Experience with Identity and Access Management providers like Okta and Duo
- Experience troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision and a strong time management skills
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount and office spaces
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment - Lift a minimum of 50Lbs.
- A/V knowledge for conference rooms/large meetings (Google Hangouts, Zoom, general telepresence)
- A pleasant demeanor and the ability to communicate in user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. Our office space is equipped with all the amenities you might need, including with 24/7 access, high-speed bandwidth, unlimited coffee and plenty of community-focused events to keep you engaged. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.