Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about staying on top of the latest IT trends and have an excellent knack for supporting internal employees.
You will play an integral role by administering IT for our employees and assisting our existing team in building out our Corporate IT infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to work at a high-growth, fast-paced cloud infrastructure startup where you’ll be able to wear multiple hats and directly see the impact you are making day-to-day.
- Participate as point of contact for desktop support issues, network troubleshooting, and escalation
- Setting up meetups for company-wide events, maintaining existing infrastructure, and purchasing workstations as required
- Help Identify possible gaps in the direct IT processes and challenge why do we do it this way
- Installation and upgrade of software packages
- Purchase and distribution of laptops, peripherals, and other electronics for office personnel
- Ordering and replacing printing supplies, installing printers and other peripherals for office based employees as requested
- Work closely with our Employee Experience team to onboard new employees and ensure everyone has what they need to perform at their highest level
- Successful track record in Helpdesk and IT systems administration with experience in a startup environment supporting a minimum of 200 employees
- Strong familiarity using Google G Suite apps & administration
- Expertise in both Mac OS and Windows operating systems, with a solid foundation in Linux and a focus on strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience with MDM solutions like Airwatch or JAMF
- Experience with Identity and Access Management providers like Okta
- Experience troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Ability to work in various office IT environments with minimum supervision and strong time management skills
- Willingness to learn on a continuous basis as we scale the company in headcount and office space
- A/V knowledge for conference rooms/large meetings (Google Hangouts, Zoom, general telepresence)
- A pleasant demeanor and the ability to communicate in user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple client/stakeholder deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to lift, carry, and move network equipment, peripherals, and other ancillary equipment - Lift a minimum of 50Lbs.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here