IT Support Engineer I
IT Support Engineer I
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to make the world’s knowledge more accessible and better utilized than ever before. Professionals at investment funds, consultancies, corporations and non-profits engage in one-on-one consultations with knowledgeable experts identified by AlphaSights to enhance their thinking, improve their decisions and drive their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights has offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
The IT Support Engineer I Role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven individual to join the Technical Operations Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the IT Support Engineer I therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact in the New York office.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You must maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and take responsibility for both your successes and failures. You also need to be proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. We expect you always to be looking for ways to improve your work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed.
- Troubleshoot tech issues, in person and remotely, including help desk operations and deskside support
- Configure and deploy Macs, VoIP phones, hardware, and networking equipment
- Support both our proprietary and third party software applications
- Maintain meeting room hardware for conference calls and video conferencing
- Collaborate with global colleagues to ensure that all transferees, visitors, and new joiners integrate seamlessly
- Maintain the company IT hardware asset register
- 1-2 years work experience (Apple technician, Helpdesk, etc) OR relevant degree/certification
- Strong understanding of computer hardware (macOS/iOS)
- Evidenced problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Thrives in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
Attributes we're looking for:
- Excellent track record of successful service delivery
- People-oriented, customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience and composure under pressure
- Positive, team-oriented mindset, with a natural willingness to always go the extra mile
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer