We're looking for a collaborative, passionate and team-oriented IT Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll work with our IT team to support our internal employees with a wide range of technical support requests. A typical day will include responding to IT Support tickets using our Zendesk ticketing system within defined SLA, providing comprehensive technology solutions to our user community as opposed to temporary “band-aid” fixes, process building and optimization, administration and support of SaaS applications, assisting in the onboarding/offboarding of new employees, providing high-quality A/V support for remote and on-site events, and contributing to the varying “whatever it takes to get the job done” needs of our team. In addition:
- Provide ongoing support and education to our customers, including answering technical questions and offering “best-practice” guidance, diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with hardware and software, and training our customers in how they can take advantage of technology resources offered to the fullest possible extent
- Be an IT ambassador and provide a best-in-class support experience
- Maintain and support Zoom Rooms and A/V hardware; provide technical A/V support for virtual and on-site events on a rotating basis
- Assist in ensuring all IT assets are accurately assigned and managed using our Asset Management tools
- Onboard new employees and orient them with Flatiron’s systems, applications, and IT policies on a rotating basis
- Update and add to help documentation for internal team use and employee use
- Participate in our rotating on-call support schedule
- Complete project-based work that contributes to our team’s objectives
- You have experience in an enterprise IT environment, supporting and administering SaaS applications. We use many, including GSuite, Zendesk, Egnyte, Jira and Confluence, and LastPass.
- You have experience in automating repetitive administrative tasks
- You have experiencing managing policies, packages, and OS deployment using JAMF and/or SCCM
- You have extensive Zoom Room configuration and maintenance experience
- You understand network protocols and services (TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and can troubleshoot our employee’s network issues, both remotely and in office
- You are customer service driven and practice empathy while supporting employees.
- You don’t follow the same recipe all the time and you challenge the status quo, never settling for the “have you restarted your computer” fix; you strive to understand the root cause of an issue and follow up after resolution
- You build relationships and trust with your peers and our employees. You can work on projects with your team or cross-functionally, and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You have a growth mindset; you are curious and want to learn. You endeavor to be a mentor and help develop your peers
- You are a problem-solver who seeks and provides candid feedback
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification
- GSuite Administrator certification
- JAMF Certification
- CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Previous work experience at a rapidly scaling startup
- Familiarity with SDLC practices and concepts
- Experience supporting software engineering teams
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.