IT Support Engineer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an IT Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the the IT team in New York to support all Flatiron Employees. A typical day will include responding to IT support requests, deploying computers, administration of SaaS applications, onboarding new employees, coordinating A/V setup for events, and contributing to the varying “whatever it takes to get the job done” needs of our team. We are a growing team with plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our team objectives.
- Provide ongoing support and education for our users: answer questions, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, and train our users
- Be an IT ambassador and provide a best-in-class support experience
- Maintain and support Zoom Rooms and A/V hardware; provide technical A/V support for events
- Maintain IT asset management of our hardware and software
- Onboard new employees and orient them with Flatiron’s systems, applications, and IT policies
- Update and add to help documentation for internal team use and employee use
- Participate in our rotating on-call support schedule
- Complete project-based work that contributes to our team’s objectives
Who You Are
You're an IT Support Engineer with 3 years of experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience in an enterprise IT environment, supporting and administering SaaS applications. We use many, including GSuite, Zendesk, Egnyte, Jira and Confluence, and LastPass.
- You have used Bettercloud to automate simple SaaS administrative tasks
- You have experience managing policies, packages, and OS deployment using JAMF and/or SCCM
- Extensive Zoom Room configuration and maintenance experience
- You understand network protocols and services (TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and can troubleshoot our employee’s network issues
- You are customer service driven and practice empathy while supporting employees.
- You don’t follow the same recipe all the time and you challenge the status quo. You don’t settle for the “have you restarted your computer” fix; you strive to understand the root cause of an issue
- You build relationships and trust with your peers and our employees. You can work on projects with your team or cross-functionally, and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You have a growth mindset; you are curious and want to learn. You endeavor to be a mentor and help develop your peers
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Flatiron Health is a leading healthcare technology and services company focused on improving oncology patient care and accelerating cancer research. Our products connect community oncologists, academics, hospitals, life science researchers and regulators on a shared technology platform. For community oncology clinics, our OncoCloud product offers the most comprehensive suite of software and services in community oncology. We work with both community oncologists and life sciences customers to see how the billions of data points on cancer patients can generate meaningful real-world evidence, and also accelerate clinical trials. Flatiron believes that we can learn from the experience of every patient.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.