IT Support Engineer
We're looking for an IT Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why you'll love making Flatiron Health the next step in your career.
This role is based in our New York City office, where you will support our local employees, as well as our San Francisco office and remote workers. A typical day will include responding to IT requests, imaging new computers, administration of SaaS applications, onboarding new employees, and contributing to the varying “whatever it takes to get the job done” needs of our team. We are a lean and growing team, which means priorities can change quickly. There are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our team projects and objectives.
As an IT Support Engineer you will:
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshoot Mac and Windows computers. Respond to employee support requests via tickets, email, walk-ups, and Slack.
- Onboard and train new employees on Flatiron’s systems and applications.
- Provide support for Flatiron’s office hardware such as phones and video conference equipment.
- Update and add to self-service documentation for our employees, and improve workflows and processes for the IT Support team.
- Participate in our rotating on-call support schedule.
- Complete project-based or tasked-based work that contributes to our team’s quarterly and annual objectives.
- You have worked in an enterprise IT environment, supporting and administering SaaS applications. We use many, including GSuite, Zendesk, Egnyte, Jira and Confluence, and LastPass.
- You can automate system administrative duties, either by leveraging APIs, or SaaS management tools.
- You are familiar with the terms “Device Management” and “Active Directory”.
- You understand network protocols and services (TCP, UDP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and can troubleshoot our employee’s network issues.
- General A/V experience (video, audio systems, soundboards, lighting, etc).
- You are customer service driven and practice empathy while supporting employees.
- You don’t follow the same recipe all the time and you challenge the status quo. You don’t settle for the “have you restarted your computer” fix; you strive to understand the root cause of an issue.
- You build relationships and trust with your peers and our employees. You can work on projects with your team or cross-functionally, and you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You have a growth mindset; you are curious and want to learn. You endeavor to be a mentor and help develop your peers.
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification.
- Have your GSuite Administrator certification, or you are a BetterCloud expert.
- In depth knowledge of SCCM and jamf deployment.
- CompTIA, or CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Previous work experience at a rapidly scaling startup.