IT Support Engineer at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
Paxos is looking for our first dedicated IT Support Engineer. We’re a fast-growing company, with offices in NYC, London, and Singapore, and have big growth plans for 2020. This role will report directly to our CISO and interact closely with our Engineering, Security, and HR teams on important projects like: onboarding and offboarding, in-office networking and connectivity issues, procurement, and software updates. You will also be responsible for day-to-day desk support, ensuring our employees can access the internet, collaborate effectively, and do their work.
Since this is our first dedicated IT Support Engineer, we are looking for someone with at least 4 years of previous experience managing and supporting IT equipment and services.
What you will do:
- Deploy and maintain a hybrid environment of Windows/Mac/Linux computers.
- Help to ensure the stability and security of the devices we have deployed
- Track and manage sending and receiving the hardware we deploy to our employees
- Manage connectivity and video-conferencing devices including Chrome-boxes
- Partner with applicable equipment vendors
- Create and maintain IT best practices within Paxos to ensure we can scale IT processes as the Company grows
- Assist our Office staff for any events requiring technical needs including our weekly team meetings
What you need to have:
- At least 4 years of experience in IT support, ideally in fast-growing companies
- Previous experience working with remote teams, preferred
- Experience managing remotely deployed devices.
- 2+ years experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Experience supporting Macintosh OS 10.12 or later
- Experience supporting and administering SaaS applications. We use many, including GSuite, Office365, Slack, Dropbox, Jira, and 1Password
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment's notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
- Podcast with Paxos Founder
- Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
- Paxos in the WSJ