IT Support Manager at Paxos
- Manage a small and growing team of IT Support engineers who do Tier 1 support
- Develop metrics that matter about IT support in a hybrid MacBook, Windows, and Linux endpoint network to help spot trends, reduce downtime, and streamline procurement processes
- Provide Tier 2 Support to Company employees and contractors at our offices in New York City, London, and Singapore; coordinate scheduling to provide follow-the-sun support for endpoints and network gear
- Escalate and work closely with our outsourced Tier 3 Support and network architecture/management team to find efficiencies, reduce costs, and ultimately take on Tier 3 Support in-house.
- Work closely with Director of IT, Director of Recruiting, HR, Department and engineering leads to predict maintenance and growth needs
- Five years of experience in IT support and minimum of three years in IT support management;
- Ability to manage a small and growing team of IT support engineers to support staff in NY, London, and Singapore;
- Self-starter with strong communications and problem-solving skills, who is accustomed to working with highly creative and exacting teams of developers, engineers, business development, security, and business leadership people who just need this stuff to work.
- Ability to gather and distill IT trends and needs to their essential metrics, then communicate in jargon-free English to Company leadership. Those with statistics backgrounds have an edge here!
- Bachelor's Degree or certificate in computer science or related field, OR five years of commensurate professional experience - We need you to love, and be great at IT.
- Comprehensive hands-on understanding of network architecture, Mac OSX, and Linux OS, with strong CLI fu.
- Rock solid understanding of network protocols, switches, routers, wireless access points, and next-generation firewalls.
- We prefer a candidate with software development skills and experience
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team!
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money