IT Support Specialist at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world's first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman's leadership, RTR has been named to PosCNBC's "Disruptor 50" five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the "TIME 100" most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine's "Women Changing the World."
About the Team:
The IT Service Delivery team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for supporting the technology and business systems that powers Rent the Runway’s corporate offices, Fulfillment Centers, and remote customer support operations. You will be joining a group that cross functionally services the RTR business and partners across the entire enterprise. The IT Service Delivery team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling the growth of Rent the Runway, as well as driving innovation and efficiency throughout the company.
About the Position:
The position of IT Support Specialist will be responsible for support of all facets of corporate technology in our global corporate headquarters at 10 Jay St in Brooklyn, NY. This role is for an experienced, hands-on, technology support professional looking to join a fast scaling company. This position will be staffed in New York and requires being on site at our Brooklyn office during corporate business hours. This is not a work from home position but there is the opportunity to work remotely on occasion. Occasional travel to our Dream Fulfillment Center in Secaucus, NJ, less than 25%, may be required for special projects and training.
What You’ll Do:
- Resolve incidents and service requests against defined service levels, providing an excellent level of service to all RTR employees.
- Represent IT through daily interactions with end users in response to their inquiries, concerns and requests related to G Suite for Enterprise, Okta, Slack, Office 365, Zoom (managing user and group accounts, permissions, and SSO).
- Support Zoom events, Zoom rooms/signage and Zoom room scheduling to enable an effective hybrid working environment.
- Responsible for account provisioning (new hires) and off boarding (terminations) to agreed procedures. Assist users in onboarding to RTR through participation in onboarding training.
- Troubleshooting a variety of technical issues across different operating systems (macOS, IOS, Windows)
- Deploy, support and troubleshoot RTR DropOff box scanner issues at remote locations across the US.
- Proactively create and update documentation pertaining to IT related processes/resolutions.
- Maintain accurate detail in the Jira ticketing system for incidents/requests reported by end-users to track work progress and aid reporting.
- Coordinate and facilitate vendor support for hardware failures and/or maintenance
- Set up and facilitate end-user training for common IT related issues and new deployments.
- A passion for providing excellent service, resolving technical issues, and a pride in delivering solutions to business users.
- Minimum 5 years of IT related experience in a diverse, rapidly growing, and fast paced technology environment, and resolving IT issues and requests.
- Bachelors or Associates degree prefered
- Excellent communication skills both verbal/written with the ability to explain complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to function independently and in a team environment
- Rotation of on-call support after normal business hours
- Knowledge of ticketing systems such as JIRA/Confluence, and ITSM frameworks such as ITIL
- Seek to continuously improve service, support, and processes to the benefit of the team and the RTR users
- Strong knowledge of Apple and Windows hardware and operating systems
- Strong experience with GSuite, Zoom, and management tools (JAMF, SCCM), with a desire to automate processes where possible.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Ability to partner effectively with business leaders and cross functional teams
- Able to promptly and tactfully communicate with end users, provide solutions and/or direct requests of unresolved issues to appropriate IT team members
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.