Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
About this Role:
- Provide timely and accurate troubleshooting for hardware and software issues for all employees of Transfix.
- Maintaining an asset database and inventory of all IT related equipment.
- Onboarding\offboarding for all employees in conjunction with the HR and Office Teams
- Large conference or event support, after hours might be required for some events
- Executive and EA technical support; understanding prioritization between emergency and basic issues
- Responsible for office moves and supporting the Office Team with all technical aspects
- Backup Application Support, rudimentary knowledge of Transfix platform and escalation paths for ticket resolution
- 3-5 years of experience in a related IT position
- BA/BS preferred but not required with relevant experience
- Knowledge of GSuite, Slack, basic networking (LAN) and WiFi (WAP) skills, O365\Windows, MacOS, mobile applications
- Basic AV skills (mics, displays\digital signage video conferencing systems, etc.)
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of tech support ticketing workflows
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and Mac/PC operating systems and software, hardware, protocols, and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication emphasizing documentation skills along with affable and patient attitude with users
- Experience and familiarity with IT / Data Security best practices and tools
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.