IT Support Specialist at andros
The mission for the IT Support Specialist is to provide customer-focused technical support of the company’s technology services including end-user support, productivity suite support (Google, Microsoft), hardware and network troubleshooting, and respond to system and security alerts.
- Responsible for the administration and internal support of the company’s laptop & desktop computers, printers, servers, phones, and related equipment.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to user requests for technical support.
- Provide support for Apple, Windows and Linux laptops and desktops.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot G-Suite, Microsoft 365 productivity applications
- Perform desktop and server maintenance and upgrades and ensure hardware is kept up-to-date with OS patches and firmware updates.
- Manage on-boarding of new users to include PC setup and creation of user accounts for all applicable systems (G-suite, file sharing services, web applications, etc.)
- Manage patch levels and upgrades on desktop and server hardware on a regular scheduled basis
- Maintain asset inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses
- Support & troubleshoot switches, routers and wireless access points in an enterprise environment
- Monitor and respond to system and security alerts. Investigate and resolve alerted issues.
- Document and maintain internal procedures and knowledge base articles.
- Interpersonal Communication - Friendly, easy to talk to and a good listener. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to negative feedback
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Follow-through on commitments - Lives up to verbal and written agreements regardless of personal cost.
- Problem-solving - identify the root cause of technical issues and alerts to provide permanent resolution to technical issues and alerts.
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speaker’s mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked and in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue an efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam