IT Systems Administrator
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT and Devops team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage Microsoft Windows servers and VM (Hyper-V) Environments.
- Active Directory domain services, group policy object, and user profile management.
- Manage printing, file sharing and network components like DNS, DHCP.
- Lead junior engineers and operations team through deployments, technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Manage Microsoft patch deployments.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of our global standard desktop and laptop models.
- Package, test and deploy new applications as needed.
- Responsible for creation of metrics and dashboards related to Windows/AD infrastructure.
- Engage with IT leadership to ensure our efforts in the Windows/AD environments appropriate align with security objectives and standards.
- Support OS X and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, and repair of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management and procurement
- 2-3 Years Experience
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) required.
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Windows Server experience required.
- Familiar with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Basic AWS Experience preferred
Bonus Points for:
- Solid scripting /automation skills (PowerShell)
- Understanding of working in a cross-platform (Windows and macOS) environment.
- Virtualization (Hyper-V) experience a plus.
- Solarwinds experience a plus
- AWS experience a plus.
- Office 365 experience a plus.
- Okta / Jumpcloud experience a plus.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.