IT Systems Administrator
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
We are a high growth technology company and are looking for an ambitious, experienced IT professional to join our amazing team. We currently have 120 employees at our headquarters in NYC and 260+ worldwide, with both of those numbers expected to continue to grow rapidly. We fundamentally believe that business success comes from hiring the most talented individuals in the world, and we are looking for an experienced, driven professional to help build the information technology group at AlphaSense.
Who are you?
- You have an innate drive to learn and enjoy tackling new challenges
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience within Information Technology
- Highly competent in troubleshooting issues for Windows/PC, Android, iOS and Apple hardware. If you don’t immediately know the answer, you know where to find it
- Experience with G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive and Docs, etc)
- Experience with ticketing systems and capable of independent prioritization when handling multiple requests
- Comfortable troubleshooting video conferencing (Zoom is plus), printers, networking, with the ability to plan and install new assets as needed.
- A problem solver; ready to tackle any situation with an open mind
- Entrepreneurial; able to build systems and processes, work both independently and as part of a team
- Customer focused; friendly and personable with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- Are able to lift up to 40 pounds and perform minor facilities functions (such as moving furniture, IT equipment, computers, etc.)
What will you do?
- Administration of the network. Identify appropriate ISP and network hardware vendors and identify opportunities for network improvement/cost efficiencies. Quickly resolve any outages and troubleshoot individual connectivity issues
- Administration of A/V systems and video conferencing. Identify, maintain and support the infrastructure necessary to maximize business productivity
- Manage user accounts in G Suite, Slack and Zoom and coordinate with other departments on account provisioning for software during employee onboarding
- Provide support for equipment, software, networking, office peripherals, and VoIP phones at local and remote sites
- Setup and deploy equipment for new and existing employees. Assist in installing software/updates on desktops, laptops & peripheral equipment
- Facilitate the technical onboarding sessions for new hires as a part of the onboarding process
- Install, maintain and share networked printers
- Jump onto various projects with confidence during times of need. Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time