IT Systems Engineer at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The IT Engineering team is a team of software engineers focusing on the needs of our fellow Datadog colleagues. We build systems that help onboard new employees faster, maintain identity and access across systems, and eliminate manual processes.
As an IT Systems Engineer for the IT Engineering team, you will help us move faster and more efficiently by writing code to create systems used by every employee at Datadog. Datadog is scaling very quickly and we need your help!
- Design and build scalable tooling that has company-wide impact
- Write code to create integrations between disparate cloud services using APIs
- Own and manage business critical cloud infrastructure and applications
- Work with security and compliance teams to support compliance efforts
- Solve new and complex IT challenges
- You have significant experience in one or more languages (e.g. Go, Python, or Ruby)
- You have significant hands-on experience working with SaaS offerings and their API endpoints
- You are technical and love automating things and designing for scale
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You want to work in a fast pace, high growth startup environment
- You have experience with modern frontend development (e.g. using React, Angular, Ember, Flux, or Redux)
- You prefer infrastructure as code and have managed systems using Terraform/AWS CloudFormation/Google Deployment Manager
- You have experience managing macOS/Linux with open source tools (e.g. Munki or Puppet)
- You have experience working with team members asynchronously
- There are few things you love more than a good API
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.