IT Systems Engineer
We're looking for an IT Systems Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the IT Systems Engineering Team to support our employee productivity through the various tools, applications, and hardware that we manage. You'll help ensure that our systems & infrastructure are reliable, optimal, and agile. In addition to overseeing those systems & infrastructure, you will develop and deploy tools that help optimize productivity. In addition, you'll also:
- Maintain and administer infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence
- Interface across teams to codify infrastructure changes using Flatiron’s software development lifecycle
- Maintain existing tools and automations providing operational efficiency
- Troubleshoot both system and network environment issues
- Be proactive in performance & availability monitoring; provide remediations for systemic issues
- Design, implement, and test system playbooks to provide instructions to support teams
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to our support team
- Be responsible for on-call infrastructure duties
Who You Are
You're an IT Systems Engineer with 1 to 4 years of experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Experience configuring, upgrading, and maintaining network and systems infrastructure
- Have worked with cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiar with a scripting language such as Powershell or Python
- Experience with Splunk or Elastic. Ability to troubleshoot log ingestion source problems and build custom dashboards.
- Experience managing Active Directory domains and services
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, and VPNs. Palo Alto Networks and Aruba experience a plus.
- Understanding of how networking concepts translate to a cloud environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Belief that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.