IT Systems Engineer
Our mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We are accomplishing that mission by building an oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Today, the Flatiron Health platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
The IT Systems Engineering team plays an integral role in supporting our employee productivity through the various tools, applications, and hardware that we manage. This NYC based role will help ensure that our systems & infrastructure are reliable, optimal, and agile. In addition to overseeing those systems & infrastructure, you will develop and deploy tools that help optimize productivity.
As an IT Systems Engineer you will:
- Maintain and administer infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence
- Interface across teams to codify infrastructure changes using Flatiron’s software development lifecycle
- Maintain existing tools and automations providing operational efficiency
- Troubleshoot both system and network environment issues
- Be proactive in performance & availability monitoring; provide remediations for systemic issues
- Design, implement, and test system playbooks to provide instructions to support teams
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to our support team
- Be responsible for on-call infrastructure duties
- Experience configuring, upgrading, and maintaining network and systems infrastructure
- Have worked with cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiar with a scripting language such as Powershell or Python
- Experience with Splunk or Elastic. Ability to troubleshoot log ingestion source problems and build custom dashboards.
- Experience managing Active Directory domains and services
- Working knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, and VPNs. Palo Alto Networks and Aruba experience a plus.
- Understanding of how networking concepts translate to a cloud environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information
- Belief that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.