IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 250 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this Position:
The IT Systems Engineer is part of the Foursquare Technology team inside Engineering, and the entire company is our customer. Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, and focused. We recognize that the business doesn’t operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take it ownership when these systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the business’s operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team your focus will be the design, implementation, and support of Foursquare’s enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, scalability, and maintainability in all of them. You’ll be responsible for fleet management utilizing the JSS and OSQuery this will include monitoring security concerns and fleet health. Working on such a scrappy team, you will also help provide 2-3 level helpdesk support.
- Expert knowledge of JAMF and macOS administration, patching and security.
- Experience with Apple Business Manager, DEP, VPP, and MDM.
- Experience working in JIRA Software.
- Expert knowledge of G-Suite Enterprise.
- Experience with MacOS upgrade deployments.
- Experience configuring and administering IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud, Bitium).
- Hands-on experience with enterprise switches, routers, and firewalls (Cisco, Juniper).
- Experience with scripting (Python BASH), including API calls to various services.
- Experience sourcing technology vendors and suppliers, and contract term negotiation.
- Comfortable inside a data center, with a strong understanding of various telco cabling, compulsive cable management, and troubleshooting.
- Capable of implementing, administering and troubleshooting A/V solutions (Google Hangouts, Chromebox for Meetings, Soft Codecs) within various environments including conference rooms, team meeting spaces, etc.
- Documentation is always front of mind, either via updating and auditing an internal wiki, or as simple as printing instructions for conference room ease of use.
- Professionalism is paramount; you come organized, have strong attention to detail, are self motivated, a team player, and customer service oriented.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.