IT Systems Engineer at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT and Devops team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the Apple/Mac platform, device strategy and technical direction of all Apple/Mac products within the environment.
- Proficient with CLI.
- Package and maintain software catalog.
- Lead junior engineers and operations team through deployments, technical escalations, procedures and project tasks.
- Engage and manage relationship(s) with Apple-Mac aligned 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for creation of metrics and dashboards related to Apple/Mac infrastructure.
- Engage with IT leadership to ensure our efforts in the Apple/Mac environments align with security objectives and standards.
- Provision, manage, and repair of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management and procurement
- 3 - 5 Years Experience
- Proficient with Active Directory
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Fluent in English
- Preference for those who have worked with global teams
- IdP lifecycle management experience
- Broad understanding of Windows, MacOS and iOS/Android in an enterprise environment.
- Basic AWS Experience
Bonus Points for:.
- Experience with a variety of MDMs (Intune, Jamf).
- Office 365 experience is a plus.
- Experience in a regulated industry
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.