Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi, and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Electric is seeking a skilled IT Systems Engineer to join our Project Management team. You are a strong technical problem solver, motivated by implementing scalable technical solutions in a highly autonomous environment. You will have the opportunity to help shape the future of Electric, by building automations to enable success for both our customers and the Electric Professional Services team. You take pride in attention to detail and meticulous testing, mindful that every project you engage will affect dozens or even hundreds of customers.
Our System Engineers and Project Engineers work with many different types of technologies to complete IT Projects for our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide array of Enterprise tools, including but not limited to: Active Directory, Microsoft 365, G-Suite, SSO (mostly Okta), Servers and VMs, disaster recovery, and various Enterprise SaaS Applications.
In addition to customer projects, as our first IT System Engineer, you will be encouraged to identify gaps in Electric’s internal technical processes, and build automations that take our Professional Services team, and all of Electric to the next level.
- Serve as an expert technical resource to the Project Management team, executing on key IT projects that can affect hundreds of Electric’s customers simultaneously.
- Build scalable automations for Electric’s customers and internal project operations.
- Mentor Junior Project Engineers and build new processes that enable them to simplify common projects, and empower them to take on more complex projects
- Work with the Professional Services team (and sometimes the customer) to understand requirements, then develop and execute technical project plans
- Evaluate and implement new service offerings that Professional Services can add to our scope of support
- Adhere to milestone dates, status, and coordination between different stakeholders.
- Write and maintain operational documentation and procedures
- Ensure customer satisfaction in the delivery of project task
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours (<10%) when system downtime is required
- You’re strong in at least one scripting language such as Powershell, bash or python
- You know how and when to write a script from scratch, and how and when to use existing open source resources
- You have previous experience building technical automations through SaaS APIs or in Server (Physical or VM) environments
- You have previous experience administering each of these key technology offerings:
- Microsoft - Some mix of Microsoft 365, On-Prem AD and Azure AD
- Single Sign On (Okta, Google Cloud Identity, Jump Cloud, etc)
- G Suite
- You understand the fundamentals of Networking - DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, VLANS, etc.
- Strong understanding of email technology, including SPF/DKIM/DMARC and encryption
- You have working knowledge of endpoint management tools such as JAMF, Kaseya or Intune
- You’re passionate about technology, interested in learning new systems and solving technical problems you’ve never seen before
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to perform and oversee complex tasks and prioritize multiple tasks based on overall strategic goals
- 7+ years of experience as an IT professional, with a focus on Project related work. You’ve likely worked in various roles: Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Technical Support Engineer
- College degree from an accredited four-year institution or relevant technical experience
- Ability to work remotely