WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a system engineer to solve complex issues through automation and integration of our growing SaaS infrastructure. You will be part of a close-knit team assisting with integrating and automating our processes through our service APIs. In addition, you will be the subject matter expert of multiples services and areas. Conduct post-mortems and conduct a deep-dive root cause analysis for these services. You will be responsible or part of large projects in the planning, building, deploying, and documentation phases of a project.
- Build tooling and connections between IT services to improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Build tooling to automate compliance and security audit requests
- Own the maintenance, configuration, and business continuity of IT services
- Conduct post-mortems and root cause analysis for IT service outages
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Monitor services uptime and ensure business continuity
- Build automation and tool to improve managing our endpoints through JAMF
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Write and maintain custom apps to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Establish and centralized system logs of IT services
- Assist with projects and task outside of the day to day responsibilities
- Will be part of on-call rotation supporting a global 24x7x365 environment
- Owns projects, overseeing a project from start to finish. Accountable for establishing project milestones and project deliverables
- Routinely contributes to IT documentation and Knowledge Base
- Handles vendor relationships for IT services
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a doer, strive for excellence, and make every effort to unblock issues.
- You have a passion for automation and improving work efficiency
- You have experience integrating services such as G Suite, Slack, Okta, JAMF, and other standard IT services via their APIs
- Working knowledge of virtualization, AWS, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience with scripting and automation tools, including but not limited to Bash, Python, and Ruby
- Comfortable using tools such as JIRA, Git, and GAM
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT services
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- A self-starter, ability to multitask, prioritize issues based on severity and work independently
- Maintains close attention to detail and follows a task to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong understanding of networking (familiar with OSI model)
- Experience with software development lifecycle
- You have an ITIL foundation or higher certification
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- You have a JAMF 300 or 400 certification
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.