IT Technician at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey.
Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. In December, 2020, we joined Alliance Data. This awesome next step for us helps us rapidly increase the scale, reach, and opportunity for realizing our vision.
Bread Finance is seeking an IT Technician to join our Corporate IT team to support our corporate headquarters in New York City. This is a hands-on role, reporting to our Head of IT, where you will help in managing the day to day operations of IT at Bread and will be in charge of all office technologies for the New York headquarters.
- Provide end-user support through tickets, instant messaging, email, and phone calls.
- Support Bread employees in their use of Mac computers, Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite), Okta SSO, Atlassian products, Slack, Zoom, and more.
- Manage access control for Bread’s key systems.
- Onboard and offboard employees and participate in employee training.
- Create and build packages, configuration policies, and profiles for macOS.
- Respond to, record, track, update, maintain, and close tickets through Bread’s JIRA ticketing system.
- Coordinate with external vendors to service or repair equipment.
- Assist in the planning, justification, acquisition, and budgeting for computer hardware, software, resources and maintenance.
- Oversee systems administration of Bread’s office and support hardware, networks, workstations, printers, and software configurations.
- Assist in managing vendors and SaaS platforms, including A/V and conference rooms.
- Partner with security groups to manage our corporate cybersecurity posture and gap remediation for compliance and best practices (SOC1/2, PCI, NIST).
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years experience supporting macOS, preferably in a startup environment
- 1-3 years experience managing Okta and Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite)
- Experience with macOS systems administration through JAMF in an enterprise environment
- MDM, and management of mobile devices
- Previous experience working on a help desk team
- Management of a SaaS-based Corp IT tech stack - Slack, Atlassian, and Zoom all a plus
- Identity management, including the implementation of SSO and MFA.
- Experience supporting a remote workforce strongly preferred
- Good understanding of networking, VPN access, routing, and Wi-Fi/Firewall/Switch configurations - Meraki experience is a big plus