IT Technician at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!.Role
LeafLink is seeking an IT Technician to join our New York team who is passionate about working with a team that is working to solve complex problems. As our IT Technician, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business. LeafLink is looking for a high performing individual who is a technical expert to be responsible for the day to day operations of LeafLink’s systems.
LeafLink has an ever-growing IT footprint and we’re searching for our first dedicated IT technician hire to come in and help us support it. In this role, you will help ensure our ever growing user base has everything they need to do their job. You will onboard new hires, support existing ones and make sure the technology in our offices is working. The role offers the opportunity to help execute strategy, and build an IT future of our company, working on complex systems and physical equipment rollouts as well as creating numerous points of connectivity between our existing systems and workflows. It’s a very exciting time to join our team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible, and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
What You’ll Do
- Support macOS and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting).
- Provide White Glove support to C-level execs, executive assistants, and directors.
- Manage daily operations of the IT department in close partnership with the IT Manager and People Operations team.
- Act as a critical front-line resource and provide direct IT support to all LeafLink employees with the help of a third-party help desk provider.
- Perform user account management activities.
- Maintain a consistent and collaborative relationship with LeafLink’s external IT partners.
- Execute seamless onboarding for new hires to LeafLink’s existing IT systems and hardware.
- Maintain and scale our existing networking infrastructure to support our growing office needs.
- Coordinate distribution of hardware to LeafLink employees in all offices.
- Automate manual tasks; create and improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
- Support critical business systems such as ERP, Sales and lead-gen, and conferencing / VoIP software and hardware.
- Resolve both hardware and software issues by fielding emails, diagnosing problems, and escalating to management as needed.
- 4+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- Expert knowledge of hardware technology, concepts, and connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles and how to apply them in a business setting.
- 3+ years experience working within Enterprise Technology organizations.
- Ability to quickly and methodically resolve user issues in a time of crisis.
- Ability to use technical knowledge and specialized skills to support and improve tech solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously.
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira.
- Experience with client management systems: JAMF and Airwatch.
- An active member of the open-source and New York tech community is a plus.
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it.
- Competitive compensation and 401k.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) plus flexible spending accounts (FSA).
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success.
Generous referral bonuses because we believe no one can spot great talent better than our own team.