Junior Case Management Associate - Life Insurance
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
About Case Management…
Our Case Management team helps create a seamless client experience throughout the underwriting process for all of our life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application through to offer.
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, from submission to carrier through to decision
- Carry out regular case review and hastily follow up on all outstanding case requirements
- Create and send new life insurance applications to clients via varying carrier processes
- Receive and review new life insurance applications for missing information prior to submission to the insurance carrier
- Coordinate with appropriate carriers and vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews
- Request all supplementary underwriting requirements from clients via electronic communication
- Order and review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, supplemental forms and other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier
- Take initiative to review other than applied for offers (AOTAs) to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application and underwriting processes, and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- An interest in learning the life insurance industry and nuances of life underwriting
- Capacity to organize and prioritize workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset – you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!