Junior Quoting Specialist - Property & Casualty at Policygenius
Property & Casualty at Policygenius…
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to sit in the driver’s seat and “take the wheel” in your career? We’re looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our high-performing team of Home & Auto experts! Our goal is to build upon the incredible foundation and culture we’ve created thus far, by taking our newest product vertical and unprecedented client experience to the next level.
This team reviews incoming customers’ needs for home & auto insurance, then prepares coverage proposals, using automated estimates or finalized rates. It's an engaging process that’s mainly driven by sensitive data entry, combined with sound underwriting decisions. They're also constantly looking to improve the processes and standards by which the team operates - and they set the pace when it comes to the team's overall production.
We’re currently looking for motivated candidates eager to jump into a rapidly growing team while becoming subject matter experts. This is a unique opportunity to work across multiple teams at Policygenius to help us continue to grow - and help our customers find the best coverage possible!
In this role, you will…
- Review our customers’ current home & auto insurance needs, then prepare proposals recommending coverages with estimated quote comparisons
- Consistently uphold our quality assurance standards and service level agreements
- Collaborate with our Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience and continue building out our rapidly expanding product line
- Identify and vocalize potential areas of improvement in our workflows, product, and processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and an interest in learning about the insurance industry
- You have at least 1 year+ professional experience with data entry, document review, and other detail-oriented organizational tasks with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and navigate multiple systems seamlessly
- You have a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills, and passion for helping clients
- You’re a team player with solid self-management and organizational skills
- You have an affinity for “taking the wheel” - you dive right in and love to get things done
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!