L3 Support Engineer at DailyPay, Inc.
At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.
DailyPay is looking for a fundamentally strong software engineer that will help us ensure the success of our support organization in engineering escalations. This person will spearhead resolutions for critical issues and ensure the high bar of success for our support organization is met. Additionally, this role provides opportunity for growth in working with software engineers and our product team to identify pain points, build or improve tooling, and propose solutions to issues in our platform.Responsibilities
- As an L3 Support Engineer you will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving critical and time sensitive issues raised by the customers.
- You will be required to take the ownership of individual support issues and communicate with the customers directly over email and phone regarding the status of these issues.
- You will be required to make an estimate of the time required to resolve individual issues, and set customer expectation and delivery dates based on that.
- You will be required to take ownership of individual modules of the product and learn their overall architecture as well as the detailed inner workings.
- You will be required to document the issue resolution and maintain a knowledge bank/FAQ for quick access for future use.
- As a part of the product development team, you will also be required to assist in fixing defects and improving tooling.
- Strong grasp of object-oriented programming, debugging, and Ruby on Rails.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases, particularly Postgres.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.