Laboratory Information Systems Analyst
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is looking for Laboratory Information Systems Analyst for an exciting, new project.
- Provide support for the clinical laboratory’s Cerner PathNet application and database.
- Provide support for laboratory modules, small systems, and implementation of various laboratory applications
- Document procedures and train staff to provide support for developed systems.
- Analyze design, test and implement new projects as required.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Bachelor's Degree
- LIS Experience Preferred
- Medical Technologist (MT). Licensure is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Clinical lab terminology and operations, system interfacing, MS office applications/tools, writing skills; knowledge of network operations, & database.
- Familiarity in Laboratory Operations.
- Familiarity with HL7 Interfacing.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.