Last Mile Logistics Manager at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
As the Farmer’s Dog grows to channel unconditional love into uncomplicated care for more and more dogs around the country, the business’s success relies on the delivery of our packages by carrier partners. We’re seeking an experienced leader to manage a team responsible for our last-mile delivery performance and own our carrier networks’ future strategic plan. This role has the potential to unlock new shipping possibilities for customer flexibility and also ensure consistent on-time delivery - directly impacting the bottom line of our business.How You'll Make An Impact
- Responsible for the performance of all carriers in the last-mile network for delivery to customers.
- Manage a growing team of associates, troubleshooting individual shipment or lane issues.
- Overhaul the reporting of carrier performance (scorecards, KPIs, etc.) and accountability of our carriers.
- Drive cost reductions through current contract optimizations and new carrier negotiations in key markets.
- 6+ years of supply chain working experience
- 4+ years owning the P&L and direct relationship of a last-mile carrier network
- 3+ years working within the Direct to Consumer space
- 2+ years managing a team of associates to troubleshoot and execute on carrier management
- Expert understanding of last-mile carriers and how to optimize those networks, proven through performance in prior roles
- Experience and strength in negotiation and accountability management with carriers
- Prior experience working at a carrier such as FedEx or UPS, a plus
- Exposure to working with Convey and or Looker, a plus
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota