Lead, Business Development - Gemini Fund Solutions at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we identify, build, and manage relationships with institutional clients and strategic partners to drive the growth of Gemini’s platform. We generate value by connecting the dots between client needs and opportunities in the digital asset industry, and operate cross-functionally to design and execute on client solutions and new business lines.
The Role: Lead, Business Development - Gemini Fund Solutions
Gemini is looking for a fund operations specialist to join the Business Development – Fund Solutions group. Ideally, the candidate will have 5-7 years’ experience in operations, specifically at a fund manager or other financial institution that services exchange-traded fund vehicles and successful candidates will have experience in high-touch servicing of these types of clients. This person will be responsible for all facets of the operational life cycle of the fund – from onboarding through launch and ongoing management.
- Generate system and process enhancements to existing workflow
- Interact with internal groups, including other business operations departments, to facilitate streamlined process
- Manage operational risk for Fund Solutions business
- Continually evaluate operational process to identify inefficiencies and
- Develop scalable solutions leveraging product teams
- Daily monitoring of inflows and outflows
- Participation in due diligence reviews of the Fund Solutions product
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to work with internal counterparts as well as clients
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an ETF operations or product management role
- Very familiar with the creation/redemption process and understands the ETF eco-system
- Currently working with a large-size fund manager
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.