Lead Executive Administrative Partner at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, and thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!About the Role
Cockroach Labs is growing quickly, and we're looking for an experienced Lead Executive Assistant Partner to join the team. As the lead Executive Assistant Partner, you are the backbone of the team's business operations and activities. You anticipate the needs of your managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You understand how to build, lead and support an administrative team in a fast scaling environment. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions both internally and externally. You must be based in New York City for this role.You Will
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment) primarily for our CEO and CRO. However, you will be needed ad-hoc for the larger C-level team.
- Coordinate events including quarterly Board of Directors meetings, off-sites, and conference speaking engagements, candidate scheduling as well as any associated travel itineraries/accommodations and venue reservations.
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Workplace Operations with developing and scaling the Administrative group including but not limited to creating training and team process documentation, overseeing team responsibilities and providing support and guidance to the administrative team.
- Liaise with executives, internal teams, and external business contacts to establish seamless communication, including but not limited to coordinating with counterparts of external teams and including short bios on external participants at upcoming meetings.
- Handle a full spectrum of personal details and needs while maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
- Coordinate and oversee complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including all necessary documentation.
- Support leadership with ad-hoc personal tasks as needed.
In your first 30 days, you will work closely with our CEO and CRO to better understand their scheduling needs. You will familiarize yourself with their preferred mode of engagement and optimize their schedules to remain efficient with internal and external obligations. During this time, you will also be learning about Cockroach Labs culture and how to navigate the organization.
After 30 days, you will have built connections across the executive team. You will be available for light, ad-hoc scheduling as needed. During your second month, you will better understand annual planning at Cockroach Labs and how you can proactively support the CEO with his efforts throughout the year. You will work closely with the Sr. Manager, Workplace Operations to plan the Administrative group structure and team requirements.
After three months, you will be fully integrated onto the Cockroach Labs team and have built a trusted relationship across the C-Suite and underway with creating systems and processes to support and lead the growing administrative team.You Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of executive administrative coordination or support experience, specifically with scheduling, planning and travel logistics.
- Experience with leading and growing a team.
- A resourceful and intuitive approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to organize projects and multi-task responsibilities, working independently and across a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to various personalities.
- A strong sense of urgency and a passion for getting results.
- The expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters.
Reporting to Kitty Bromhead - Sr. Manager, Workplace Operations and Experience
Kitty focuses on creating the best possible workplace culture and experience across the Cockroach Labs team. Originally from New Zealand, she has run operations for renewable energy companies around the globe before moving into workplace operations in the tech industry in New York. A keen snowboarder and explorer, you can now find Kitty adventuring around New York’s playgrounds with her two young kids.
Supporting Spencer Kimball - Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer
Spencer strives to maintain a delicate balance between his love for programming distributed systems and the excitement of helping the company grow smoothly. He first cut his teeth on databases during the dot com heyday, and had a front row seat at Google for a decade’s worth of their evolution. His best part of leaving work is stepping out into the brilliant and always exciting life of Manhattan with his daughter and Carl (his dog).
Supporting Jeff Miller - Chief Revenue Officer
Jeff joined Cockroach Labs because every CIO/CTO in the world is trying to make the cloud journey and most of those a hybrid cloud journey and eliminate legacy systems while also meeting new data privacy requirements. CRDB provides the only global distributed transactional database that is cloud-neutral and will allow customers to handle complex data privacy issues. When he is not helping customers, he loves to spend time with his family, play golf, tennis, and squash, and watch anything Clemson on TV.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance option (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning and Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]